Lemon Aioli Shrimp Cakes
- 1/4 cup Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil or high heat cooking oil of choice
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
Pat shrimp dry with paper towel then dice into pea-sized pieces.
Place chopped shrimp into a large mixing bowl. Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together then add 1/4 cup flour and mix until batter is creamy and well combined.
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add 1 heaping Tbsp at a time and flatten out the tops of your fritters as you go so they are about 1/2" thick patties. Saute about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on edges and cooked through.
In a small bowl, add mayo and stir to remove any lumps. Add 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and pressed garlic clove and stir to combine.
Serve with Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade for dipping.