Lemon Aioli Shrimp Cakes
- 1/4 cup Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil or high heat cooking oil of choice
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
Pat shrimp dry with paper towel then dice into pea-sized pieces.
Place chopped shrimp into a large mixing bowl. Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together then add 1/4 cup flour and mix until batter is creamy and well combined.
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add 1 heaping Tbsp at a time and flatten out the tops of your fritters as you go so they are about 1/2" thick patties. Saute about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on edges and cooked through.
In a small bowl, add mayo and stir to remove any lumps. Add 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and pressed garlic clove and stir to combine.
Serve with Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade for dipping.
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review