Supper Club Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lb Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Kelchner's Horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped chives (optional garnish)
Directions1. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
2. Drain and return to pot off of the heat. Cover pot and let potatoes continue to steam themselves with residual heat for about 5 minutes (this step ensures an even cook with no mealiness).
3. While potatoes rest in the covered pot, melt butter with milk until warm.
4. Use a potato masher to coarsely mash potatoes. Pour milk and butter mixture over potatoes and mash to incorporate.
5. Stir in sour cream and Kelchner's Horseradish then season with salt and pepper. Continue mashing the potatoes until creamy but still slightly chunky. If desired garnish with chives before serving.
Tip: For a festive twist on Supper Club Mashed Potatoes, swap out one of the potatoes for a red beet and whip the potatoes instead of mashing. The hot pink potatoes with pop of green chives makes for a beautiful and interesting plate.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 6