Chickpea, Feta, and Herb-Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Kelchner's Hot Mustard
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 ounces feta
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. Cut about ½ inch off top of pepper, then gently scrape out seeds and pit. Place hollowed pepper cut side up on a sheet pan or oven-safe skillet. If pepper doesn’t stand on its own, prop it up with a ring of aluminum foil.
3. Rinse and drain chickpeas.
4. In a bowl, lightly mash chickpeas with a fork. Add Kelchner's Hot Mustard and remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon into bell pepper, filling it as full as possible.
5. Bake until pepper is shriveled and mixture is heated through, 25 to 30 minutes. Slightly cool before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 3