Historical Green Beans with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1½ pounds green beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Kelchner's Horseradish
Directions1. Wash and cut green beans.
2. Cook beans in a tightly covered saucepan with about 1 inch of boiling water, adding 1/2 teaspoon salt per cup of water.
3. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
4. Melt butter in a separate saucepan; add flour and seasonings and blend.
5. Gradually add milk while string and cook until smooth and thickened. Continue stirring.
6. Stir in Kelchner's Horseradish.
7. Pour sauce over beans.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review