Historical Horseradish Beets
- 1 1-pound can (2 cups) julienne-style or diced beets
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Kelchner's Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain beets, reserving liquid. Place beets in greased 1-quart pan.
3. In a small saucepan, blend sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir in 3/4 cup beet juice and vinegar.
4. Add Kelchner's Horseradish and butter to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Pour sauce over beets. Cover.
6. Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review