Historical Ham with Escalloped Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Kelchner's
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds cooked ham, cut in serving pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- Optional: chopped onion & shredded cheese
1. Make a white sauce of the first six ingredients as follows:
2. In pan, melt 2 tbsp butter, blend in flour, add milk stirring constantly.
3. Cook until smooth. Add salt, pepper, and Kelchner's Horseradish.
1. Heat slow cooker and add 1 tbsp butter. Place potatoes in cooker and cover with white sauce. Lay ham on top of potatoes.
2. Optional: add chopped onions & shredded cheese
3. Cook on high for 4 hours, until potatoes are soft.
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review