Historical Cardinal Salad
- 1 package lemon flavored gelatine
- 1 tablespoon Kelchner's Horseradish
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cooked diced beets
- ¾ cup beet juice
- 2 teaspoons onion juice or grated onion
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
Directions1. Dissolve gelatine in boiling water.
2. Add beet juice, vinegar, salt, onion or onion juice, and Kelchner's Horseradish.
3. Chill until firm.
4. Unmold onto crisp lettuce.
5. Serve with mayonnaise.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review