- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Kelchner's Hot Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thick slices of bread
- 6 oz deli sliced ham
- 4 oz gruyere cheese (grated)
Directions1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, add flour and cook, stirring constantly for two minutes. Slowly add milk stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Kelchner's Hot Mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread all 8 slices of bread with sauce mixture all the way to the edges of the bread.
3. Place four slices, sauce side up on a parchment lined pan. Top with ham and half of the grated gruyere.
4. Add remaining four slices, sauce side up, on top of the ham and cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review