Hot Mustard Potato Skins
- 4-6 small russet potatoes, baked
- ½ cup milk
- 3 T unsalted butter, melted
- 4 T Kelchner's Hot Mustard
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon bits (we prefer fresh, cooked and chopped bacon)
- Shredded cheese (your favorite)
- Sour cream
- Chives or scallions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While potatoes are still warm, cut them in half and scoop out the centers leaving roughly one-quarter inch of the potato intact with the skin. Place cooked potato in a bowl.
2. Combine cooked potato, milk, butter, parmesan cheese, Kelchner's Hot Mustard, salt and pepper and mix with a fork until well blended and ready to scoop.
3. Using a large spoon, scoop potato mixture and spread in the cavity of the potato skins. Top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
4. Place stuffed potato skins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the shredded cheese is bubbling and crisp around the edges.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream and chopped chives or scallions. For extra zip, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish to the sour cream and mix well before topping potato skins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 8