Maple Chipotle Squash Soup with Candied Bacon
- 1 large Buttercup squash
- 1 32 oz carton chicken stock
- ½ cup Kelchner Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade (divided)
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 4 TBLS butter
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Candied Bacon:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a wire rack atop.3. Arrange the bacon in an even layer on the rack and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and baste the bacon with Kelchner Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade.
5. Cook 5 minutes more, baste again, and cook 5 additional minutes or until crispy.
6. Cool and crumble for serving.
For the Soup:1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Half and seed the squash and spread 2 TBLS butter on the cut sides.
3. Place the squash cut side down in a large roasting pan and cook at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes or until it's tender enough to scoop out of the skin.
4. Heat 2 TBLS of butter in a stock pot on medium low, then add the onions and bell pepper and saute until soft.
5. Add the garlic and saute with the onions and peppers for a minute or two.
6. Once the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop it into the stock pot.
7. Add chicken stock and ¼ cup Kelchner Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade and bring to a boil.
8. Simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes, then blend with an immersion blender until smooth and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Top each bowl with candied bacon crumbles.
Serves: 4-6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review