Light and Crispy Fish Sandwich with Kelchner's Tartar Sauce
- 4 - 4 oz fillets of cod, halibut, or other flaky white fish
- 4 slices American cheese
- ½ - ¾ cup neutral oil for frying such as grapeseed or sunflower
- 4 Brioche buns
- Kelchner's Tartar Sauce
For the Dredge:
- ⅓ cup white flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBLS corn meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1TBLS onion powder
- 1TBLS garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
Directions1. Fill a large cast iron skillet with about ¾ inch oil and preheat over medium heat until the oil holds at 350 - 375 degrees F.
2. Measure the dry ingredients (dredge) into a large zip top bag, seal, and shake to mix thoroughly.
3. Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish and set aside.
4. Pour the dry dredge mix into a second shallow dish.
5. Roll each fillet in dredge, egg wash, then back through the dredge.
6. Fry on each side until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
7. Toast the buns if desired and layer with a fried fillet, american cheese slice, and a generous spoonful of Kelchner’s Tartar Sauce.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review