Mushroom Crab Cakes with Kelchner's Remoulade Sauce
- 8 oz Fresh Lion's Mane Mushroom
- 1 Egg (or flax egg if creating a vegan verison)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of Kelchner's Remoulade Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil to fry the mushroom crab cakes
Directions1. Shred Lion's Mane Mushroom into small pieces (similar texture of a flakey crab cake).2. In a large bowl, combine egg, Mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.3. Stir in Lion's Mane Mushroom. 4. Mix in panko breadcrumbs.5. Create 3-4 round, flat patties (roughly 1/2-3/4 inch thick).6. Heat oil in pan on medium/high heat.7. Cook cakes for approximately 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown on outside.8. Pour Kelchner's Remoulade Sauce into small bowl for dipping. Optional drizzle on top of cakes.
Enjoy Kelchner's with each bite!Recipe courtesy of Aubrey of aubreyskitchen.com.