Herbed Mustard and Balsamic Chicken Salad
- 6 oz mixed baby greens
- ¼ cup cooked bacon (roughly chopped)
- 8 oz Grape tomatoes (halved)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
- 2 oz Feta cheese
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBLS honey
- ½ olive oil
- 1 TBLS Kelchner Hot Mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions1. Combine balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper, and slowly add olive oil while whisking vigorously.
2. Set half of the dressing aside and use half to marinate the chicken (30 min - 1 hour).
3. Bake or pan fry the bacon and set aside to cool before chopping.
4. In a small saute pan over medium heat, toast the walnuts until they begin to smell fragrant (1-2 minutes) while stirring frequently.
5. Grill, roast, or pan fry the marinated chicken breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
6. While the chicken cooks, prep the vegetables and assemble atop the mixed greens in four individual serving bowls.
7. Top with the sliced cooked chicken breast, crumbled bacon, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese. Serve with the remaining dressing.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min