Smoky Maple Chipotle Grilled Chicken
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Kelchner's Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade
- lime wedges (optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions1. Trim excess fat from boneless, skinless chicken thighs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Combine spice rub ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. Sprinkle and pat spice rub mixture evenly on both sides of chicken thighs. Cover the baking sheet with foil and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Arrange chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack, cover grill, and cook 4 minutes. Flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
5. Baste the chicken with some of Kelchner's Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade, flip and cook 1 minute. Brush marinade on the second side and cook until done (170 degrees F.).
6. Remove chicken from the grill and let it rest 5 minutes.
7. Serve with lime wedges on the side, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Valerie of fromvalerieskitchen.com