Smoky Maple Chipotle Baked Beans
- 1 ½ cups dry navy beans, soaked overnight
- 8oz thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion,
- 1 cup Kelchner Maple Chipotle Marinade
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
DirectionsPrep Time: 8-12 hours | Cook Time: 4 hours
1. Cover dried beans in water, at least one inch above the beans. Seal the container and soak beans for 8-12 hours.
2. Transfer the beans and water to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for one hour.
4. Drain the liquid from the beans.
5. Preheat oven to 300.
6. Fry the bacon over medium to high heat in a dutch oven. Once fat begins to render, add the chopped onion.
7. Cook bacon and onion until onions become translucent and bacon is slightly crispy.
8. Add remaining ingredients to the dutch oven and mix to incorporate. Add water if the beans are not fully covered.
9. Cover the dutch oven and bake for 2 hours.
10. Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.