Smoky Maple Chipotle Bacon-Wrapped Scallop Skewers
- 12-16 Scallops, 3-4 per skewer
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut in half (one half strip per scallop)
- 1 each medium green, red, and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1.5-2 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, layers separated and cut into 1.5-2 inch pieces
- 1-2 mangos, cut into large chunks
- 1 bottle Kelchner Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade and Sauce
- Bamboo skewers
- Tooth picks
Directions1. Prepare bell peppers, red onion, and mango. Set aside in separate bowls.
2. Rinse scallops and pat with paper towels to remove extra water.
3. Season scallops with salt and pepper, set aside.
4. Cut bacon strips in half, set aside.
5. Wrap each scallop with one half strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
6. Assemble ingredients on skewers, separating each scallop with onion, peppers, and mango as desired. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to grill.
7. Preheat grill on medium high.
8. Prior to grilling, brush each assembled skewer liberally with Kelchners Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade and Sauce, making sure to coat both sides.
9. Spray grill grates will with non-stick cooking spray.
10. Grill 4 minutes per side until the internal temperature of scallops reaches 120-125 degrees (use a meat thermometer).
11. Remove skewers, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Scallops will continue to cook slightly.
12. Serve with jasmine rice and extra Smoky Maple Chipotle Marinade and Sauce for dipping.