Sausage Crescent Bites
- 5 sausages
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tube non-perforated crescent roll
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup Kelchner's Hot Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
2. Cut the uncooked sausage into 1" pieces to make 24 pieces.
3. In a large skillet, cook the sausage pieces (on medium/high heat) in the oil until brown.
4. Remove the cooked sausage from skillet to a paper towel to drain and cool.
5. Pop and unroll the crescent sheet. Slice sheet in half lengthwise and then slice into 1/2" strips.
6. Wrap each cooked sausage piece in one of the crescent strips.
7. Place each wrapped sausage onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
9. Brush each crescent wrapped sausage with a bit of the egg wash, being careful not to saturate the bites as this will make them stick to the tray.
10. Sprinkle each sausage bite with poppy seeds.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
12. Serve the sausage bites warm (or at room temperature), along with Kelchner's Hot Mustard.
Recipe courtesy of Kudos Kitchen by Renee at kudoskitchenbyrenee.com - Photo courtesy of Kudos Kitchen by Renee at kudoskitchenbyrenee.com
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review