All-American Cheesesteak Sandwich with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 - 1 lb boneless ribeye steak, sliced thinly and then chopped
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1/4 cup Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Directions1. Tear off 4 square sheets of foil and set aside with 4 hoagie rolls. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter to large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and onions, season with dried thyme and saute and caramelize for 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to plate.
3. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter to same skillet, set heat to medium and add steak, seasoning with salt and pepper, cooking for 2-4 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and onions back into pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Divide meat mixture in half and top with slices of cheese. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Mix up the cheese and meat mixture and add to hoagie rolls. Roll tightly in foil squares and place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add 1/4 cup Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce to sandwich or dip in sauce between bites.
Recipe courtesy of: The Chunky Chef at thechunkychef.com
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review