Cajun Shrimp Arancini with Kelchner Remoulade Sauce
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ cup white onion
- ½ cup celery (diced)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (diced)
- ½ lb peeled and deveined shrimp (raw)
- 5oz Andouille sausage (finely chopped)
- Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (season with cajun seasoning blend)
- 3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Neutral oil such as vegetable or canola (for frying)
- Green onions (chopped for garnish)
- Kelchner Horseradish Remoulade
Directions1. In a saucepan begin to heat the chicken broth, keep it warm but just below a simmer.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced sausage and cook until it starts to brown. Remove Andouille from the pan and set aside in a covered bowl. Reduce heat to medium then add the onions, celery, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté until onions and celery become translucent and the peppers soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to the bowl with cooked sausage.
3. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the Arborio rice. Stir the rice frequently for about two minutes until it begins to turn golden brown. Add Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
4. Begin to add the chicken stock to the rice about ½ cup at a time, stirring gently but constantly. When almost all of the liquid is absorbed, add another ½ cup of stock. Once half of the stock is added, mix in the veggies and sausage. Continue adding broth and stirring in a constant folding motion until the risotto is creamy but rice grains remain slightly firm. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for about one hour or until it is cool enough to work with.
5. While the risotto cools, sauté shrimp in two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat, seasoning with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat to cool. Roughly chop into halves or thirds, depending on the size of the shrimp.
6. Set up a dredging station near your fryer by cracking and whisking two eggs into a bowl and filling a second bowl with seasoned flour. Fill a third bowl with panko breadcrumbs.
7. To assemble the Arancini, take a ¼ cup of the risotto and flatten it in your cupped hand. Add two to three shrimp pieces to the center, close the risotto around the shrimp, and roll to form a dense ball. Repeat this with the remaining risotto mix and shrimp.
8. Next take the balls and dredge them in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess flour and dip in beaten egg then roll to coat with breadcrumbs.
9. Fry in 375 degree F oil for 3-5 minutes, rotating as they cook until the Arancini are golden brown all around. Garnish with scallions and serve with Kelchner Horseradish Remoulade.
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review