Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- For the Shrimp:
- Neutral oil such as vegetable or canola (for frying)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Bang Bang Sauce:
- ¾ cup Kelchner Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- For Serving:
- 10-flour tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Lime wedges
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, salt, and pepper. Whisk ingredients until they form a smooth batter.
2. Heat at least 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F in a skillet over medium-high heat (or use an electric deep fryer).
3. Dunk shrimp in the batter then roll in Panko bread crumbs to coat. Batter, coat, and fry the shrimp in batches, about 2-3 minutes per. Transfer to paper towel-lined sheet pan.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together Kelchner Sriracha Sauce and chili garlic sauce. Toss the fried shrimp in the Bang Bang sauce until evenly coated.
5. Assemble each taco with a few shrimp, shredded cabbage, sliced radishes, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
There are currently no comments for this recipe. Why not try it out and let us know how it tastes?
Write a review