Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket
- 1 corned beef spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- Approx 20 baby carrots
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Kelchner's Horseradish
- Chopped chives to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Directions1. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch Oven and cover with water.
2. Add spice packet and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
3. Cover and simmer approximately 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
4. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender.
5. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from heat and let rest 15 minutes.
6. In a seperate bowl mix sour cream, horseradish, chives, and pepper.
7. Top sliced corned beef with horseradish sauce and serve!
Recipe inspired by: allrecipes, recipe inspo found here.