- 1-19oz pack of sausage
- 2 tbls butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbls Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 tbls Kelchner's Hot Mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere, shredded
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Toasted sliced pretzel bread, sliced French bread, bagel chips, pretzels, or crackers of your choice for serving
Directions1. Remove sausage from casing and fry in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Use a spatula to break up the sausage while it browns. Once the meat is fully cooked, reduce heat to medium-low and add butter to the pan with the crumbled sausage.
3. Once the butter melts, sprinkle with flour and mix until the flour and fat form a smooth paste like consistency.
4. Increase heat to medium and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Wisk in milk, beer, Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Hot Mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
7. Continue cooking over medium heat while stirring frequently until mixture thickens and flour no longer tastes raw.
8. Reduce heat to low and slowly incorporate cheese, stirring until all of the cheese melts into a smooth sauce.
9. Transfer to serving crock, garnish with sliced green onions.
10. Serve warm with toasted sliced pretzel bread or “carby” dipping vessel of choice.