- 1¼ pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Kosher salt
- 1 large celery stalk, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon Kelchner's Horseradish
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, preferably potato, split
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Cook shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
2. Drain; rinse with cold water until cool.
3. Pat dry and chop into bite-size pieces.
4. Whisk together celery, scallions, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, Kelchner's Horseradish, vinegar, and paprika; season with salt and pepper.
5. Fold in shrimp.
6. Meanwhile, heat broiler.
7. Toast buns on rimmed baking sheet until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
8. Spread butter on each toasted bun and fill with shrimp salad.