Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 (3 1⁄2–5 lb.) fully trimmed beef tenderloin, butt end left intact
- Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
DirectionsPut beef on a sheet of plastic wrap; rub with oil. Sprinkle with salt; rub with mustard, then season with pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Wrap in plastic wrap; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 425˚. Place beef on a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest end reads 115˚, about 35 minutes. Switch oven to broiler setting; broil until crusty, 5–10 minutes. (A thermometer inserted into thickest end should read 125˚) Let roast rest on a cutting board for 30 minutes. Thinly slice beef and serve with Kelchner's Horseradish sauce.