Crab Cakes with Horseradish Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, or more as needed
- Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade Sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced red onion
- ½ tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, picked clean
- 2 cups fine bread or cracker crumbs, divided
- 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Trimmings to include lettuce, tomato and onion, as desired, plus lemon wedges
To make crab cakes, combine mayonnaise, egg, red onion and parsley in a large bowl, stirring well.
Add crab, 1 cup bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Stir until combined; the mixture will be fairly loose and wet.
Shape mixture into 8 patties of equal size. Coat each patty in remaining bread crumbs to make a crust.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook patties for about 8 minutes, turning just once about halfway through cooking, just until golden brown.
Meanwhile, brush hamburger buns with melted butter and toast at 400 degrees F just until they begin to brown at edges.
To serve, place patty on each bun, top with Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade Sauce and desired trimmings. Serve with extra Kelchner's Horseradish Remoulade Sauce and lemon wedges on the side.