Coconut Chicken Nuggets
- 1 bottle Kelchner’s Horseradish Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- 1-1/2 lb of Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1-1/4 cup of Mineral Water, you might need a bit more
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 cups of Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Additional Flour
- 1 tsp of Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the 1 cup of flour, granulated garlic, paprika, baking powder, salt, black pepper, egg and mineral water.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and shredded coconut, set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Take each piece of chicken, dust it in the flour, dip it in the batter (shake off as much of the excess as you can) and coat it in the coconut mixture and place it on the baking sheet, repeat with the remaining chicken and pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat some vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet, place enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the skillet, allow it to get nice and hot to about 375 degrees.
6. Fry the chicken nuggets in batches for a couple minutes on both sides or until golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate and serve with Kelchner’s Horseradish Remoulade Sauce.