Roasted Beet and Leek Risotto
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Kelchner's Horseradish with Beets
- ½ large Spanish onion peeled and minced
- The white ends of 2 cleaned leeks, minced
- 1 medium red beet, skinned and diced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup beet juice
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Sautee the onions and leeks until soft. Add the beets and continue to stir.
Add the rice and coat evenly with the oil.
Over low heat, slowly cook the rice in the oil and vegetable mixture. Deglaze with the white wine stirring constantly. While stirring allow the wine to fully absorb into the rice mixture.
Continue to repeat with the stock, adding the liquid in at least 3 parts constantly stirring. Add Kelchner's Horseradish with Beets and the beet juice stirring vigorously.
Take off the heat and add the herbs de province.