Kelchner's Seafood Bisque
- 1/2 cup Kelchner's Crab Mustard
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz crab meat
- 4-8 oz small cooked shrimp (or other seafood)
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine
- Gather the ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-low heat; add the chopped green onion and celery. sauté, stirring, until tender.
- Blend the flour into the butter and vegetables until well incorporated. Continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Warm the milk in another saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the warmed milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.
- Add Kelchner's Crab Mustard, black pepper, tomato paste, and heavy cream.
- *If desired, puree the soup in a blender or food processor at this point and then return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the crab, shrimp, and the sherry. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
*When you puree hot soup, don't fill the blender more than half full. If too full, the pressure from the steam can cause an explosion, forcing the top off of the blender. To avoid that, puree any hot liquids in small batches, and hold the blender cover on with a folded kitchen towel in hand.